Monday, March 23, 2009

Home safe

I usually debate whether or not to pick up calls that come up as "Private Number" on the caller ID. Especially since they're usually trying to sell me some sort of extended rebate.

On Saturday, I'm glad I took a chance. C. was calling from Nome, AK to say that a weather window which was quickly closing sent him and his crew packing early. He'd be flying from Anchorage Sunday.

Excellent, I thought. What good news.

And then there was this little matter of an erupting volcano (other than the one he normally lives with).

Thankfully, the smart pilots of his plane boarded everyone 20 minutes early, and got the heck outta Dodge (or Anchorage) just in time. He's happily snoozing (along with the cat and the dog) next to me. And we're all very glad to have him home safe and sound.

No comments: