Thursday, January 24, 2008

VH Wonderful

I'm sitting here, trying to pound out an article that I've needed to have done for two days, which should be a snap, but like all of the ones that should be a snap, oddly, they're not.

Adding to my distraction/procrastination/glee is the fact that I have VH1 Classic on in the background. After an excellent viewing of "Ghostbusters" (and no, I ain't afraid of no ghosts, in case you were wondering), what should happen to come on?

Pop Up Video, 80's Movie Songs editions.

Oh, great googley moogley. I'm never getting this story done.

"Ghostbusters"? I had no idea how many 80's superstars proclaimed their lack of spectral fear. Followed by Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone," Madonna's "Into the Groove" (yes, that was from "Desperately Seeking Susan"), Pyschedelic Furs' "Pretty in Pink," and that leg-warmer, steel welder, strobe lit, running in place classic "Maniac."

It's almost embarrassing how happy this is making me right now. Almost.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make a mix tape, feather my hair, and set my Trapper Keeper by the door before I go to bed. And to all, a good night.

2 comments:

bzh said...

Please, m'am, I want some more.

Joe said...

Oh Jen. . .apologies in advance. .but this was all I could think of after reading that post. . .don't feel bad. . .the 80s ruled.
Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she’s uncool
Cause she's still preoccupied
With 1985