Friday, August 31, 2007

Prince Charming changes a mean diaper

We've been married for almost seven years now, and I still never cease to be amazed by my husband. These last few days have driven that amazement up exponentially.

After being sent to bed for much-needed, but much-fought-against nap, I groggily came to, only to walk out and discover a candlelit dinner for two, actually, now three, waiting for me. Not just a candlelit dinner, mind you, but one with a linen tablecloth, a background serenade by Frank, cheese plate, salad, reheated but still just as tasty lasagna, and Key Lime Pie, all served on our good Waterford china and crystal, which he had to dig out of the basement to use. With bouncy seat parked on the other end of the table, I marveled over the candlelight at this guy who loves me almost as much as he loves he new son, and wondered how I got so lucky. We drank, we laughed, we even danced (much to the amusement of our neighbors in the post-college group house next door to be sure). I'm so very blessed to have this man in my life, and my baby is so blessed to have such a fantastic father. I can't wait to watch them grow together. I love them both so much.

Who knew Prince Charming could change such a mean diaper?

1 comment:

ridiculous said...

i love that you're blogging.

and i can't wait to meet the little guy!

love you...