Monday, October 20, 2008

The Secret o' Life

Those words jumped out at me while listening to James Taylor on my iPod on the Bolt Bus (yay, Bolt Bus! The Internet sometimes works, but the $49.50 is well worth it) a few weeks ago coming home from ridiculouschick's shower.

If you're not familiar with the song, the refrain goes something like this: "The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."

I was reminded of that again when chatting with HappyLiving yesterday, who was having some of her own revelations about her own current stage of life.

We all spend so much time analyzing what's behind or straining on our tiptoes to see what's forward that it's all too easy to miss what's happening right now.

If I were writing a letter to my younger self in a few years from now (not to sound like a scene from Spaceballs here), I think that might be one of the most important things to know, and to remember.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Well put, well put. . .hehe, props for the Spaceballs reference.
"When will 'then' be now?"
"Soon."